What is Short-term Medical Insurance?
Short-term medical insurance is a limited duration plans are not subject to certain provisions of federal health care reform, including the provisions related to Essential Health Benefits, lifetime limits, preventive care, guaranteed renewability, and pre‐existing conditions. Pre-existing condition is not covered and applies for all insureds, including those under the age of 19.
If you don’t qualify for any life events to qualify you to enroll, you can enroll on a short term plan in case of anything major happens such as heart attack, cancer, or accidents, you can cover yourself and your family from paying a lot of money for medical bills.
Short Term health insurance is also called Temporary health insurance and it might be the best option for you! It can help fill that gap in your coverage until you have a longer-term solution. Moreover, these plans may work best if you don’t require regular medical care, such as frequent visits to the doctor or costly maintenance prescriptions.
Short-term Insurance is for you if:
- missed the Open Enrollment period and you’re not qualified for Special Enrollment.
- are waiting for your ACA coverage (Affordable Care Act / Obamacare) to start or if you’re unable to enroll for ACA.
- are looking for coverage to bridge you to Medicare
- are in between jobs and waiting for benefits to begin at your new job
- are turning 26 and coming off your parent’s insurance
- are healthy and under 65
If you have any question, feel free to Contact us now